NY Yankees Merchandise

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Recap: NY Yankees vs. Minnesota

Johnny Damon's homer in the 10th inning was the difference, as the New York Yankees edged the Minnesota Twins, 3-2, in the third tilt of a four-game set from Yankee Stadium.

It was the third straight time the Yankees won a game in their final at-bat and the fifth this season overall.

Damon finished 3-for-4, and Alex Rodriguez also slugged a solo homer for the Yankees, who won their season-high fifth straight game. Melky Cabrera drove in the other run in the win. Alfredo Aceves (2-0) got the win after tossing a perfect 10th inning.

"I noticed the first two swings I had I was just a little bit too long," said Damon. "I shortened up my stroke some and fortunately I got a pitch to hit."

Read Full Story

Related Posts by Categories



Buy MLB Merchandise at our online MLB Shop DieHardFans.com

0 comments: